NMSDC is seeking speaker proposals for the 2015 NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Exchange!
Call for Speakers
The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) is seeking speaker proposals from dynamic, compelling and innovative thought leaders for the 2015 NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Exchange, which will be held October 18 -21 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. More than 6,000 corporate executives, minority business owners and government officials attend each year from the U.S. and abroad with the goal of advancing business opportunities for NMSDC-Certified Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American suppliers, and improving major corporation’s minority supplier development programs. The NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Exchange includes the largest national business opportunity tradeshow of its kind.
Content that Works
NMSDC is a non-profit organization that strives to provide engaging and interactive educational sessions that offer real-life cases/examples that will enhance attendees overall performance. This national procurement event brings together the best of meetings, special events and minority businesses and corporations, all in one place, at one time. To maintain the educational integrity, presenters are prohibited from using this opportunity as a platform for promotion of their products and services.
Qualified speakers are expected to:
- Share their views on developing supply chains that can be engines for economic growth.
- Report on the latest industry trends.
- Inform attendees about cutting-edge information and timely topics.
- Discuss challenges and achievements.
- Contribute to your industry’s overall body of knowledge.
- To design and provide high-quality PowerPoint presentations, in electronic format, by the deadline given.
- All presentations will be reviewed by the Conference Program Committee for content relevance.
- NMSDC speakers are responsible for their own hotel and travel expenses.
- Speakers are responsible for making a 45 minute presentation focusing on the topic of your session and 15 minutes will be dedicated to Q &A session. The workshops total 60 minutes in length.
- If selected to speak, your title, company and bio will be promoted on NMSDC Conference mobile app. Handouts can be uploaded to NMSDC Conference mobile app. More details will be made available later this fall.
- Work closely with conference organizers before the conference and meet all deadline
Audience: Consists mostly of Supplier Diversity professionals, supply chain and procurement professionals, and NMSDC-certified minority business entrepreneurs (MBEs
Key points to consider when developing proposals:
- The speaker(s) is knowledgeable and qualified to lead the session.
- The topic and content are relevant to industry needs and interests.
- Learning objectives are clear and specific.
- Engaging and appropriate title.
- The session description accurately reflects the proposed content.
- The speaker(s)/session will provide new information, knowledge, or skills with interactive and engaging learning components.
- Program format is appropriate for subject matter.
- To allow NMSDC to distribute speaker’s handouts to attendees and/or its membership.
- To provide handouts in electronic format by the required deadline date. As a part of NMSDC’s green initiatives, session handouts are distributed on the Conference mobile app.
NMSDC’s goal is to provide a program that meets the variety of skill levels and interest of our conference audience, presented by speakers of the highest quality who represent the diversity of NMSDC constituent groups.
Proposals due June 8, 2015
The recruiting process runs from May through June 1, 2015. Accepted presenters will be notified via e-mail. If accepted, you will be given information on important deadlines and requirements.
Terms and Conditions:
- Sessions are 60 minutes long, and speakers can expect an audience from 50 to 150 people. The entire session time must include time for Questions and Answers.
- The submission of a speaking proposal does not guarantee participation in NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Exchange.
- Proposals will only be accepted electronically via NMSDC’s 2015 Call for Speakers and by the deadline of June 8, 2015.
- Complete the required fields in all sections of the 2015 Call for Speakers online submission form.
Please email SpeakerProposals@NMSDC.org.