Eric Adolphe is a tech-savvy business executive with over twenty years of success building high-growth firms focused on mission impact, revenue and margin attainment, primarily in the technology and government contracting sectors.
Eric has served as Principle Investigator on 13 SBIRs (Small Business Innovative Research) and is the 2003 SBIR Tibbetts Award Winner.
Eric is also the visionary behind GovFlex.com, the world’s first Public Sector focused Gig-Economy Platform a “Match.com®” enabling government contractors and agencies to access a liquid workforce of high demand talent.
Eric was founder and CEO of OPTIMUS Corporation, a successful Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) middle market government contracting company specializing in Defense and Homeland Security technology.
Under Eric’s leadership, OPTIMUS grew from a one-man consultancy into a premier federal system integrator with over 400 employees. After selling OPTIMUS, Eric worked as a consultant to the DoD Mentor Protégé Office supporting small businesses and start–ups, assisting their expansion into the federal sector.
Eric has been a life-long evangelist for Minority Business Enterprises. He has been National Speaker at the Small Business Administration’s SBIR Program’s national conference focusing on helping MBEs compete for SBIR funding.
Eric served as an Adjunct Professor at American University teaching Entrepreneurship, Ethics, and Small Business Enterprise. Eric also successfully advocated legislative and regulatory changes before the US Congress including Public Law (PL) 111-240.
Relevant Awards and Recognitions:
• National Capital Business Ethics Award: Winner
• National Society for Black Engineers: Innovators and Humanitarian Award
• Maryland High Tech Council: Entrepreneur of the Year Award
• NASA: Most Innovative Software Product of the Year Award
• National Inventors Hall of Fame Honoree: Women and Minority Innovators – Special Exhibit
• Urban League: Community Service Honoree
• Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR): First Black Tibbett’s Award Winner
• Morehouse College Entrepreneurship Center Outstanding Supplier Award (recognized for Mergers and Acquisition Mentoring and Training for MBEs)
Associations & Community Service:
• US Small Business Administration, National Academies of Sciences/National Science Foundation, and the Department of Defense: Speaker on Technology Transition
• National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME): former Director; Chair of the Alumni Committee; and Director
• Save the Bees, Inc. Hurricane Irma Relief Project, St. John US Virgin Islands; and
• Leesburg Homeless Services Center Volunteer
Education: Juris Doctorate Degree Cum Laude, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law; Bachelor of Engineering Electrical Engineering, CUNY City College, Member of the Maryland Bar